Chemtool Incorporated, founded in 1963, is dedicated to the manufacture, technical support, and marketing of lubricant specialties.
The core competency for Chemtool Incorporated is manufacturing fluids, lubricants and grease worldwide. Corporate headquarters are located in Rockton, Illinois with production facilities located in Rockton, Illinois, Tehachapi, California and Rio de Janiero, Brazil. Research laboratories located in Rockton, Illinois and Crystal Lake, Illinois.
Chemtool Incorporated conducts business domestically and internationally and enjoys close business relationships with some of the largest corporations in the automotive, steel, aircraft, and lubrication industries. We value our customers, employees, suppliers and the communities that we serve.
Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway Company, acquired Chemtool Incorporated in August 2013
- Founded in 1963 by James Athans
- Privately held corporation: James Athans President and owner
- Built and moved into present Crystal Lake facility in 1979
- Acquired Metalcote (St. Paul, MN.) in 1992. Moved Metalcote to Crystal Lake, IL in the same year
- Acquired Barrington Chemical (Brighton, MI.) in 1992
- Expanded Crystal Lake, IL facility in 1989, 1992, 1998
- Built a new facility in Milan, MI in 1997
- Built a new manufacturing facility in Tehachapi, CA in 1998, expanded in 2002
- Built a new manufacturing facility in Rockton, IL 2008
- Relocated to new Corporate Technology Center and headquarters in Rockton, IL 2009
- Chemtool Incorporated was purchased by Lubrizol on August 30, 2013