Formulated with the latest chemical innovations for lubricity, wetting, and corrosion prevention available, Lubricut™ 5458 establishes the standard for superior performance without the need for chlorine. The unique emulsifier and detergency package prevents bacterial problems and hard water soap formation, typical of traditional soluble oil metalworking fluids. Lubricut 5458 exhibits high boundary film lubrication and superior film strength on machined/ground surfaces.
Lubricut 5458 incorporates a synthetic surface lubricant technology, which offers comparable performance to traditional soluble oils containing chlorine, sulfur, or phosphorus.
Enhanced with specialized corrosion inhibitors, Lubricut 5458 offers outstanding corrosion protection/anti-staining properties on aerospace and automotive aluminum alloys.
Benefits of Lubricut 5458
- Sulfonate Free: The biostable chemistry maintains the pH eliminating objectionable odors.
- Hard Water Stable: Lubricut 5458 is high hard water stable vs. traditional soluble oils, thereby maintaining a stable emulsion for better wetting and lubricity.
- Additive Independent: No need for tank side pH buffers, emulsifiers, or costly and hazardous biocides.
- Chlorine-Free Chemistry: Lubricut 5458 eliminates the need for chlorine with a unique blend of synthetic esters.
- Excels at maintaining tolerances and finishes at very high speeds and feed rates above 10,000 RPM.
Download Case Studies
- After testing other suppliers, including competitors, one large parts manufacturer selected the Lubricut 5458 as the main shop coolant. Get the case study
- Learn how a trial of Chemtool's new Lubricut 5458 Metalworking Fluid produced excellent results for this large components manufacturer. Get the case study.
About Chemtool Incorporated
Founded in 1963, Chemtool Incorporated is one of the largest manufacturers and custom formulators of fluids, greases and lubricants. Our customers' challenges are our next products. Chemtool’s product line improves performance, extends service life, and provides process improvements. Our breakthrough technologies are in the following product lines: Greases, Cleaners, Lubricants, Metalworking Fluids, Corrosion Inhibitors, Quenchants, Die Cast, and Hydraulic Fluid & Specialty Chemicals. Chemtool Incorporated is owned by The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company.