VAPOR PHASE CORROSION INHIBITOR RUST AND CORROSION PREVENTATIVE
VCI OIL is a special rust and corrosion preventative for ferrous metal surfaces in so-called "closed systems" such as engines, transmissions, fuel tanks, hydraulic cylinders, gear housings, and steel drums. The duration of vapor phase protection provided by VCI Oil depends on the ability to prevent the escape of the volatile inhibitors. Where complete sealing of the closed system is achieved, protection of almost infinite duration can be expected. In many cases, long term protection is not a requirement an d complete sealing is not necessary as long as reasonable efforts are made to cover openings and block excessive loss of vapor.
- Used to protect sheet metal stampings, spare parts, etc. in sealed packing boxes or polyethylene bags.
- Distinguished from conventional preservative oils because it provides both vapor phase and contact protection.
- Equally protects surfaces it coats and other surfaces within the system from which VCI Oil has drained away during prolonged storage or shipment. Volatile corrosion inhibitors diffuse throughout the void in the system and form an invisible protective coating effective even in the presence of moisture vapor or condensation.
- Combines excellent lubricating properties with effective contact rust preventing properties.
- Particularly effective in protecting machines and ferrous components while in transit or in temporary storage.
- Outstanding water displacing, non-staining rust preventive that will not emulsify, even in the presence of alkali.
- Quickly separates water displaced from metal surfaces after machining operations or alkali cleaning.
|Appearance||Clear amber liquid|
|Compatible Metals||Stainless Steel|
|Compatible Metals||Aluminum Alloys|
|Flash Point, COC||335°F (168°C)|
|Fluid Type||Oil based|
|Pour Point||-55°F (-48°C)|
|Specific Gravity, 60°F (15.6°C)||0.906|
|Viscosity (100°C)||4.0 cSt|
|Viscosity, 40°C||19.9 cSt|
|Weight, lb-gal., 60°F (15.6°C)||7.5 lbs/gal.|