SEMI-SYNTHETIC METALWORKING FLUID: HIGH PERFORMANCE FOR ALL METALS - CHLORINE FREE
Lubricut 5458 is a high performance and versatile, chlorine-free, semi-synthetic based metal working fluid designed specifically for demanding precision applications of both ferrous and aluminum alloys and stainless steel. Formulated with the latest chemical innovations for lubricity, wetting, and corrosion prevention available, Lubricut 5458 establishes the standard for superior performance without the need for chlorine. The unique emulsifier and detergency package prevents bacterial problems and hard water soap formation, typical of traditional soluble oil metalworking fluids. Lubricut 5458 exhibits high boundary film lubrication and superior film strength on machined/ground surfaces. Lubricut 5458 incorporates a synthetic surface lubricant technology, which offers comparable performance to traditional soluble oils containing chlorine, sulfur, or phosphorus. Lubricut 5458 is enhanced with specialized corrosion inhibitors which offer outstanding corrosion protection/anti-staining properties on aerospace and automotive aluminum alloys. When cleanliness and performance are your priorities, Lubricut 5458 is the product
- Sulfonate free: The biostable chemistry maintains the pH eliminating objectionable odors.
- Hard water stable: Lubricut 5458 is high hard water stable vs traditional soluble oils, thereby maintaining a stable emulsion for better wetting and lubricity.
- Additive Iidependent: No need for tank side pH buffers, emulsifiers, or costly and hazardous biocides.
- Chlorine free chemistry: Lubricut 5458 eliminates the need for chlorine with a unique blend of synthetic esters.
- Excels at maintaining tolerances and finishes at very high speeds & feed & feed rates above 10,000 RPM.
|Compatible Metals||Aluminum Alloys|
|Compatible Metals||Stainless Steel|
|Machining Capabilities||Light Duty Hobbing|
|Machining Capabilities||OD/ID/Centerless Grinding|
|Machining Capabilities||Light to Moderate-Duty Machining|
|pH (10% dilution)||9.2|
|Specific Gravity, 60°F (15.6°C)||0.995|
|Weight, lb-gal., 60°F (15.6°C)||8.29 lbs/gal.|